Reporting to the Manager, IOT Infrastructure, the Infrastructure Analyst’s role is to manage the entire life cycle of company servers and storage, either on premise or by managed service providers, as well as end-user devices (including PCs, printers, smart-phones) from design to deploy and retirement to achieve high performance of the various business applications. This includes ensuring the availability of client/server operating system, configuration of the host, storage, and assisting in developing processes and procedures for ongoing management of the server, storage, and end-user device environment & imaging.
- Establish and implement policies, procedures, and technologies (including software firewalls) to ensure server and storage security.
- Assist in designing and implementing data centre/server room security features, including HVAC control, environmental alarms, access restrictions, and so on.
- Conduct research on emerging technologies in support of infrastructure development efforts, and recommend technologies that will increase cost effectiveness and infrastructure flexibility.
- Assist in the maintenance and testing of Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity plans and systems.
- Conduct research on server hardware, software, and protocols in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Monitor the availability and performance of servers, storage, printers, end user devices and data centres.
- Perform file system configuration and management
- Define and perform server backups and recovery procedures.
- Work with business customers to document and configure backup and operational monitoring requirements in support of various business systems.
- Plan, test and deploy the release of server, storage, printer and UPS patches and firmware in accordance with the change process and schedule.
- Define and recommend strategies for integrating disparate operating environments.
- Develop and maintain server, storage, network, data centre and end-user documentation, configuration logs and knowledge base.
- Support the installation and configuration of servers, storage, printers, data centre changes or end-user devices for projects as identified by the IOT Portfolio and Project Manager or corporate Project Management Department as approved by the Infrastructure Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline and a minimum 5 years of related applications support and maintenance experience.
- Dell EMCSA and Cisco CCNA-DC certifications considered an asset.
- Extensive hands-on technical knowledge and troubleshooting of servers, storage, data centers, switches etc. Knowledge of UPS and air conditioning requirement planning and troubleshooting.
- Must have knowledge of Microsoft Technologies such as Active Directory, Hyper-V Hypervisor, System Center Suite, Azure and Server/Client Operating Systems.
- Strong knowledge of Dell Technologies such as PowerEdge Blade Technology, Compellent Storage Technology, KACE Image Technology, System Center Configuration Manager and Dell Switch Technology considered an asset.
- Position requires good organizational skills and the ability to manage time effectively to meet deadlines. Must be able to handle stressful situations effectively.
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills to collaborate effectively with the IOT team and manager in organizing work and setting and accomplishing work objectives, and to maintain effective and productive working relationships with regional IT staff and users in achieving group objectives.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks at the same time to meet system application and client support requirements involving a number of different work locations.
- Excellent analytical skills to address problems presented by users.
- Must be able to work independently with a minimum of direct supervision.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate power tools, cabling installation, computer keyboard, mouse, and to handle other computer components.
- Must undergo a successful Criminal Record Check.
Salary currently under review, location, & accommodation allowances of approximately $7,773 per annum. We offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes Health and Dental Benefits, Long-term Disability, Life Insurance, paid Sick Days and a Defined Pension Plan.
Please send resumes to:
Northwest Territories Power Corporation
#4 Capital Drive
Hay River NT X0E 1G2
Fax: (867) 874-5229
Please quote competition #: 28-HR-17
Closing date: October 20, 2017 at 5:00pm (MT)
Affirmative Action Employer - Candidates must clearly identify eligibility status in order to receive priority consideration.
We thank all those who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.