Under the general supervision of the Manager, Plant Operations, you will contribute to the safe and efficient operation of the NTPC Plants. Duties would include heavy lifting, weed whacking, painting, mopping, cleaning and assisting the Mechanics, Electrical Technicians, Electricians and Power Linepersons.
- Are enrolling/enrolled to attend full time post-secondary studies at the start of the Fall 2017 semester.
- Related experience in a labourer position an asset.
- Must possess a valid Class 5 driver’s license.
- Must be able to travel to Snare and Bluefish Hydro Facilities when necessary.
How to Apply:
- Submit your cover letter, and a current copy of your resume including two references from your most recent supervisor or instructors.
- You will be required to provide proof of registration in a post-secondary institution.
This position pays $24.68 per hour plus 6% vacation pay. No housing or relocation assistance provided.
Please send resumes to:
Northwest Territories Power Corporation
#4 Capital Drive
Hay River NT X0E 1G2
Fax: (867) 874-5229
Please quote competition #: 08-SS-17 and Position Title
Closing Date: April 3 2017 at 5:00pm (MT)
Affirmative Action Employer - Candidates must clearly identify eligibility status in order to receive priority consideration.
We thank all those who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.