Reporting to the Manager, IT Infrastructure in the Information & Operations Technology (IOT) Division, The Citrix & Enterprise Application Analyst’s role is to design, monitor and maintain the Citrix environment and enterprise applications to ensure high levels of availability, performance, data quality and effectiveness. Enterprise applications are those required for, or in support of the operation of IT services. The Citrix & Enterprise Application Analyst will also be responsible for administering the full suite of Citrix Technologies including XenDesktop 7.6 and Netscaler devices.
- Plan, test and deploy maintenance fixes, and vendor-supplied patches in accordance with the change process and schedule.
- Manage the lifecycle and value of enterprise applications and provide recommendations to the Infrastructure Manager.
- Execute the release of approved and tested patches, and enhancements to existing applications, and software.
- Review and analyse the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and work with the infrastructure manager to develop strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
- Meet with IT staff to identify and resolve enterprise application issues.
- Co-ordinate and assist in the testing and implementation of vendor-supplied and existing application upgrades, and enhancements.
- Manage, evaluate and administer Active Directory, Microsoft System Centre, Microsoft Exchange and Citrix services in accordance with the change process and schedule.
- Provide technical advice and assistance to enterprise application users in identifying and defining requirements to meet changing needs.
- Ensure the stability and reliability of data access and data quality for enterprise applications via ongoing database support and maintenance including SQL & Active Directory.
- Provide operational information through the writing of queries and/or ad-hoc reports using various application specific reporting tools.
- Support the configuration and installation of enterprise applications for small projects as identified by the IT Project & Portfolio Manager.
- Create test scripts and conduct acceptance testing to ensure that the solution meets the project goals and requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline and a minimum 5 years of related systems design experience.
- Citrix Certified Professional (CCP) or 5 years direct experience in designing, administrating and supporting a Citrix environment.
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) and other relevant certifications considered an asset.
- Working knowledge of thin client hardware configuration in support of Terminal Server or Citrix environments preferred.
- Working knowledge of administering and enhancing enterprise applications such Active Directory, Exchange, IIS, Microsoft Systems Center and SQL.
- Excellent communication, inter-personal, customer service and problem solving skills in order to listen to, train and assist users in identifying needs and resolving problems, often involving conveying technical information to non-technical users.
- Ability to work in a team environment in planning and administering (IOT) team.
- Position requires good organizational skills and the ability to manage time effectively to meet deadlines. Must be able to handle stressful situations effectively.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks at the same time to meet system application and client support requirements involving a number of different work locations.
- Excellent analytical skills to address problems presented by users.
- Must be able to work independently with a minimum of direct supervision.
- Must undergo a successful Criminal Record Check.
Salary range is $46.35 to $56.33 per hour, plus location, & accommodation allowances of approximately $7,773 per annum. We offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes Health and Dental Benefits, Long-term Disability, Life Insurance, paid Sick Days and a Defined Pension Plan.
Please send resumes to:
Northwest Territories Power Corporation
#4 Capital Drive
Hay River NT X0E 1G2
Fax: (867) 874-5229 or Email: email@example.com
Please quote competition #: 14-HR-17
Closing date: August 1, 2017 at 5:00pm (MT)
Affirmative Action Employer - Candidates must clearly identify eligibility status in order to receive priority consideration.
We thank all those who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.