As a member of the Customer Care Team this position is the primary contact for customers with the Corporation. The purpose of this position is to allow the Customer Care Team to meet its goals of responding to customer inquiries, receiving customer payments, processing customer movements and safeguarding the Corporations receivable assets through timely collection activity in a professional manner and in a safe and secure environment.
- Provide professional customer service in a contact center environment in a friendly and efficient manner.
- Assist with service work orders and billing data as well as other tasks and activities associated with customer communications and account processing.
- Address customer account and service inquiries and ensure that all issues are satisfactorily resolved in a timely manner.
- Complete the collection process in each community when required, ensuring payment is received.
- Responsible for personal safety and that of co-workers by observing and promoting the Corporation's Safety and Health Program.
- High School Diploma with a post-secondary certificate in Office/Business Administration preferred.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience offering customer service support in a fast paced service focused environment, including accounts receivable and accepting payments made by cash, cheque, debit and credit card.
- Must have advanced computer skills, be proficient in Microsoft Office suite of programs, such as Word, Excel, Outlook, etc. and have previously worked with customer information systems (CIS).
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including oral and written communications.
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize tasks and work independently.
- Must have a valid Class 5 driver’s licence.
- Must undergo a successful Criminal Record Check.
- Working environment consists of a normal office environment.
- Hours of work are 7.5 hours daily between the hours of 9:30 to 6:00 pm Monday to Friday.
Salary range is $31.26 to $38.01 per hour, plus location, & accommodation allowances of approximately $15,758 per annum. We offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes Health and Dental Benefits, Long-term Disability, Life Insurance, paid Sick Days and a Defined Pension Plan.
Please send resumes to:
Northwest Territories Power Corporation
#4 Capital Drive
Hay River NT X0E 1G2
Fax: (867) 874-5229
Please quote competition #: 23-NK-17
Closing date: August 23, 2017 at 5:00pm (MT)
Affirmative Action Employer - Candidates must clearly identify eligibility status in order to receive priority consideration.
We thank all those who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.