Reporting to the Manager, Engineering Design the Chief Drafting Technologist provides detailed design/drafting, copying and drawing record services for the Asset Management & Engineering Division and Regional offices. They also assist Engineers and Technologists to provide technical design and drafting support services.
- Produces CAD files for Civil, Mechanical and Electrical Engineering Design and As-Built drawings, single-line diagrams and distribution drawings.
- Ensures that all CAD work is performed to NTPC drafting standards at all times by instructing Corporation employees and Consultants accordingly.
- Supervises other drafters by issuing work to the other drafters as it comes from project managers/designers/field.
- Responsible for current versions of AutoCAD and related third-party software ensuring all necessary versions and features are utilized.
- Provides written and verbal reports on drafting progress, problems and other related matters on a regular basis.
- Reviews, maintains and updates drawing information of the power distribution and transmission systems with respect to transmission line corridors, lands, easements, rights of way, inventory, technical descriptions and voltage capacities, repairs and historical records.
- Assists in assembling land parcels, on CADD drawings, for transmission corridors, rights of ways, power distribution systems and potential development of future hydroelectric sites.
- Prepares and administers the annual drafting budget for drafting software, equipment and supplies.
- Organizes, maintains, improves and expands the drawing records and document control system.
- Certificate or Diploma in Engineering Design and Drafting with minimum five years of related technical CAD drafting experience preferably related to diesel and /or hydroelectric power generation in the Electric Utility industry.
- Proficiency in the operation and knowledge of AutoCAD and related third party software is essential.
- Experience using Meridian, PROCAD, Plant 3D or any of the Revit based Autodesk programs would be considered an asset.
- Above average computer skills (MS Office Suite, MS Project, Outlook, DBMS, etc.) and ability to apply relevant design software.
- Good planning, organizational and communication skills.
- Team player, ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Must undergo a successful criminal background check.
The salary range for this position is $40.11 to $48.75 per hour plus, location and accommodation allowances of approximately $7,773 per annum. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, which includes Health and Dental Benefits, Long-term Disability, Life Insurance, paid Sick Days and a Defined Pension Plan.
Please send resumes to:
Northwest Territories Power Corporation
#4 Capital Drive
Hay River NT X0E 1G2
Fax: (867) 874-5229
Please quote competition #: 29-HR-17
Closing Date: November 20, 2017 at 5:00PM (MT)
Affirmative Action Employer - Candidates must clearly identify eligibility status in order to receive priority consideration.
We thank all those who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.