Reporting to the IOT Applications and Support Manager, the Application Support Analyst will manage, monitor and maintain business applications to ensure high levels of availability, data quality and effectiveness. This includes gathering and analyzing data in support of systems management, maintenance, and building reports. The incumbent will also be involved in business analysis and development of software projects as determined by the IOT Applications Manager and IOT Project Portfolio Manager.
- Plan, test and deploy maintenance fixes, and vendor-supplied patches for business and desktop applications (non-operating system or end-point) in accordance with the change process and schedule.
- Meet with decision makers, systems owners, and end users to identify and resolve business systems issues.
- Review, monitor and analyse the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and work with the application manager to develop strategies for improving or further leveraging systems.
- Develop and maintain user documentation, change logs, and configuration logs for all applications.
- Establish processes for governing the identification, collection, and use of corporate data; take steps to assure data accuracy and validity.
- Develop and deliver long-term strategic goals for information architecture vision and standards in conjunction with data users, department managers, clients, and other key stakeholders.
- Identify causes of poor data quality, implement solutions, and communicate findings to employees, management, and stakeholders.
- Develop and design reports for business stakeholders.
- Support the development and installation of new applications for software projects as identified by the Portfolio and Project Analyst.
- Lead design sessions in prototyping new systems for the purpose of enhancing business processes, operations, and information process flow.
- Identify Technical Requirements in order to meet project needs, as outlined in the business requirements document.
- Create test scripts and conduct user acceptance testing to ensure the solution meets the project goals and requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline and a minimum 5 years of related applications support and maintenance experience.
- Applicant must possess current expertise with management of an MS SQL environment. This will include such activities as creating new databases, backing up of current databases, and integration of applications with SQL databases.
- Experience creating custom reports using Crystal Reports, SQL Reporting, and Solver BI.
- Working experience with core software applications, including HP iManage, Microsoft Office, Bluecielo Meridian, Solver BI360, Dundas BI and K2 is preferred.
- Background in Microsoft Dynamics GP support and maintenance would be an asset.
- Excellent communication, inter-personal, customer service and problem solving skills in order to listen to, train and assist users in identifying needs and resolving problems, often involving conveying technical information to non-technical users.
- Position requires good organizational skills and the ability to manage time effectively to meet deadlines. Must be able to handle stressful situations effectively.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks at the same time to meet system application and client support requirements involving a number of different work locations.
- Excellent analytical skills to address problems presented by users.
- Must be able to work independently with a minimum of direct supervision.
- Must undergo a successful Criminal Record Check.
Salary range is $53.07 to $64.51 per hour, plus location, & accommodation allowances of approximately $7,773 per annum. We offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes Health and Dental Benefits, Long-term Disability, Life Insurance, paid Sick Days and a Defined Pension Plan.
Please send resumes to:
Northwest Territories Power Corporation
#4 Capital Drive
Hay River NT X0E 1G2
Fax: (867) 874-5229
Please quote competition #: 13-HR-17
Closing date: August 25, 2017 at 5:00pm (MT)
Affirmative Action Employer - Candidates must clearly identify eligibility status in order to receive priority consideration.
We thank all those who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.